It’s that time of the year where you’ll be baking lots of cookies with your friends and family and I wanted to share my favorite gingerbread cookie (easy!) recipe because I’ve made some bad ones in the past.. so wanted to share one that I’ve tested and know is actually really good!
Best Gingerbread Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- frosting of your choice ( you can make or I used pre-made ones I purchased)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 4 hours or overnight. I did overnight and they were perfect!
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Note: I actually did a little thicker than this because I love chewy gingerbread and it was delish!
- Bake until edges are firm, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate cookies!!
Happy holidays ya’ll!
Original recipe found at Taste Of Home.