I LOVE having friends over to celebrate the holidays and I especially love having a big holiday bash! One of the toughest things to me is CLEANING before as it can seem daunting and I don’t know where to even begin. So, I teamed up with some of my favorite cleaning brands to share my steps that have helped me conquer getting everything spick and span for your guests OR just for your everyday life!
1. TIDY IT UP! First, I think it’s most helpful to straighten up anything that is out and needs to be put away. Your laptop, any clothes, your pup’s toys…you name it. If it’s not supposed to be out, put it away or find a home for it!
2. EMPTY THAT SINK! I hate having lots of dirty dishes in my sink.To easily and immediately make the space feel so much fresher, load them into the dishwasher or hand wash them before drying and putting away in their proper place. I love using my Dawn soap to clean any dishes that aren’t dishwasher safe or are too big to fit into the dishwasher. My go-to dishwasher cleaner is Cascade because it always gets the job done and leaves all the dishes sparkling clean!
3. DUST HIGH AND LOW! This one lots of people skip and I think it’s so important. I absolutely LOVE using my Swiffer Dusters to get the dust off of EVERYTHING! The top of my TV, every inch of my bar cart, all of our shelves and bookcases! You name it and I am going to dust it with this baby!
4. WIPE THE WALLS! This is an extra step I really love to do because I have barstools which means people hit the walls with their shoes and leave marks. The fastest and EASIEST way to get rid of the marks is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! It is literally magic and erases those troublesome shoe marks. Plus it works amazingly to clean your bathtub and sinks! So whatever you need scrubbed, this will get the job done!
5. VACUUM! If you have a rug use this step to give it a good vacuum! I have a robot vacuum and it changed my life to be honest!
6. SWEEP IT UP! Now that you’ve dusted and gotten everything else ready, you now are set to sweep all the floors! I love love LOVE using the Swiffer Dry and Wet Sweeper because it works amazingly and, with having two pets (a bunny and a pup!), this gets up ALL of the hair! Danny, my fiance, has bad allergies so incorporating this into my cleaning routine has really helped him and makes our floors look gorgeous!
7. WETJET THOSE FLOORS! I have wood floors so this is not only the perfect solution for my floors, but just makes cleaning them so quick and easy! I just use the Swiffer WetJet on every inch and it cleans the apartment floors spotless and leaves it smelling amazing! It’s so easy to use and there’s no wringing out a mop – thank the lordie!
8. SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN! You’re almost DONE! To make your place smell extra fresh, spray the Febreze One Fabric and Air Mist on your pillows (and on your sofa!) and honestly anywhere you think may need a freshen up!
YOU NOW HAVE A CLEAN APARTMENT! Congrats and I hope this list helps you next time you feel overwhelmed with cleaning!