I’ve teamed up with BUSH’S® Beans to share my favorite barbecue pizza recipe! Recently Danny and I have been on a huuuuge pizza making kick and have been trying new things! I am a huge fan of barbecue pizza, but being a vegetarian always makes it super hard to find one I can have! Voila- I decided to make my own! It’s seriously so delicious (this one disappeared maybe a little *too* quick, heh!) and unique. The BUSH’S® Barbecue Baked Beans are the perfect touch!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Something for the crust (I used frozen dough I rolled out, but you can use premade crust or go totally homemade!)
1 can of BUSH’S® Barbecue Baked Beans
8 oz of cubed super firm tofu
½ red onion thinly sliced
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp of barbecue sauce
½ tbsp onion powder
½ tbsp garlic and pepper spice
⅛ tsp of paprika
Preheat oven to 450.
- Drain the tofu and pat it try using a paper towel. Cut into small cubes if not already done. You don’t want it to weigh down the pizza!
- Combine tofu cubes with onion powder, garlic and pepper powder, paprika, and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium sized pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and once heated add tofu and let cook stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes. You want the tofu to get crispy! Set aside in a bowl once done.
- While this is cooking get your dough or premade pizza crust ready to add pizza toppings!
- Add a layer of olive oil (I used about a tbsp) to your pizza dough/crust and add the barbecue sauce. You want a nice even layer that isn’t too thick anywhere. Add 1 1/4 cups of the cheese on top of the barbecue sauce.
- Create an even layer of BUSH’S® Barbecue Baked Beans 16 once Can. I used about 16 ounces, but this depends on the size of your crust. This really makes the flavor so you want to be sure to just have a thin, even layer of beans!
- Top with the ¾ left of cheese, tofu, and red onion slices.
- Pop pizza into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy the delish barbecue BUSH’S® Barbecue Baked Beans pizza you have made!